Join co-op and launch your career. There’s no better way to develop your technical skills, make industry connections, gain firsthand experience, test out career options or apply your classroom learning to real-world problems.
- Up to 20 months of paid, relevant work experience
- Opportunities to develop a network of industry contacts and be mentored by professionals in your field
- Up to 12 months of work credit towards your Engineer in Training status
- Opportunities to master your job-search skills, including learning how to create powerful resumes and cover letters and improving your success in interview
- A competitive advantage when you are applying for jobs after graduation
- Opportunities to work across Canada or around the world
Co-op is available to undergraduate students in all Applied Science disciplines. Graduate students in a MEng program are eligible for co-op. To be accepted, you must demonstrate strong communication skills, a solid academic foundation and professional maturity.
Co-op Support and Fees
Co-op staff are here to help you plan your co-op experience and help you develop the skills to get hired. Our services include interview and networking preparation, pre-employment training before your first co-op work term, and continued support during your entire co-op career including career coaching,exclusive access to job postings and access to telephone and meeting room facilities for interviews. Fees for the Co-op Program that enable us to provide these services include a one-time Workshop and Administration Fee paid upon Program acceptance and a Co-op Course fee paid for each confirmed four-month co-op work term. For up to date fee information, please visit the
Apply for Co-op
Apply for co-op in your second or third year undergraduate degree or first year of masters program.
Prospective Student Frequently Asked Questions
Have more questions about joining co-op? Read through our prospective students FAQ for all the information you need.
Learn more about the professional development resources that are offered from mentorship programs to career workshops.